The common scenarios of changing the QlikView license details are:
- Purchased new QlikView Server license
- Purchased new QlikView Publisher license
- Purchased more CALs
- Need to update to a version that requires an updated License Enabler File (LEF)
- QlikView 11.xx
- QlikView 12.xx
Pre-requisite: Backup of license related files
It is recommended to do a backup of license related files on the QlikView server prior to updating license details. This allows for reverting to previous license if the update causes any problems. QlikView license information is stored in two locations. Files from both locations, as specified below, must be copied to safe location prior to updating or applying new license.
NOTE: Applying license requires restart of QlikView service(s) and not the physical server itself. QlikView will be temporary unavailable during the restart of the service(s).
- Root document folder. The location of this folder is defined in the QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Server > Folders tab > Root folder.
- QlikViewServer application folder. Default path (Windows 2008 / 2012): C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer
Apply / Update the license to QlikView Server
- To apply the license, navigate to System > Licenses > QVS@node > QlikView Server License
- To Update the license, navigate to System > Licenses > QVS@node > QlikView Server License
- Click Update License from Server to allow Qlik to update the license information (LEF) automatically from its online LEF server
- If your QlikView server does not have access to the internet, you will need to replace the current LEF with the new one and click Apply License.
! Please note: When you update the license, do NOT clear license. !
- When you are ready click the OK for it the restart the QlikView service(s)
- You will then see Success message on the far right hand side.