How to Export Client Certificate in Qlik Sense
Article Number: 000005433 | Last Modified: 2020/02/26
This Article explains the detailed steps in order to create/export a QlikClient certificate in Qlik Sense and import it on another client.
The QlikClient certificate is used when services on remote clients need to authenticate with Qlik Sense.
- Open the Qlik Management Console
- Select Certificates on the main Console page
- In the Machine Name field specify the Fully Qualified Name (FQN) of the machine the certificate is to be installed upon
- Type a Password
- Confirm the Password from step 4
- Check the Include Secret Key option
- Click Export Certificates
- Obtain the certificates from C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Exported Certificates\[client machine name]
- Copy the root.cer and client.pfx files to the client machine
- Open the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) and the Certificates add-on for the Current User to import the Client.pfx into the Personal location and the root.cer into the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities location
- Confirm the certificates have been added by refreshing the MMC view