Shared user bookmarks are not visible in the QlikView client bookmark menu.
For example a user add's a shared bookmark to a document, but this is not seen in other user's bookmark lists.
The other users only see their own bookmarks.
The expected behavior is to see the shared bookmark
Shared bookmarks from other users can be made visible by adding them as favorite bookmarks or by an Easter Egg setting that shows all shared bookmarks for all users.
Mark a shared bookmark as a favorite bookmark
- Go web client repository
- Select "Show all items" from the first drop down list.
- Expand the "Bookmarks" section
- Locate the shard bookmark
- Click on the bookmark settings icon
- Check the "Show in my favorites"
- the shared bookmark is now visible int he bookmarks drop down
Show all shared bookmarks as a favorite bookmark
Shared bookmarks can be made visible in all users' favorite bookmarks by enabling an Easter Egg setting in QlikView Server. This setting is called DisabledBookmarksInBookmarkList.
The default value for DisabledBookmarksInBookmarkList is 0 and means that shared bookmarks must be made favorite bookmarks, as described above, before they are visible in the bookmark drop down menu. If the value is set to 1, all shared bookmarks automatically turns up in all users favorite bookmarks list.
Keep in mind that changing this setting can lead to extensive favorite lists for all users, if the application has a lot of shared bookmarks.
- Stop the QlikView Server services
- Open the QlikView Server’s settings.ini file in a text editor. Default file path; C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings.ini
- Add DisabledBookmarksInBookmarkList=1 as the first definition in the [Settings 7] section of the settings file.
- Save the settings file and close text editor
- Start QlikView Server services, to enable the new setting
- Access the QVW from QlikView web client to see that the behavior has been changed for all QlikView applications accessed through the server
The Easter Egg features are not supported and should be used with caution. The features may be withdrawn in later service or major releases of QlikView.