11.2SR5: How to set up Configurable ODBC with Oracle Database
Article Number: 000003954 | Last Modified: 2019/01/24
In 11.2SR5(12235) the Configurable ODBC settings are a bit different than before. This document describes how to setup it with Oracle Database.
- As per article Configurable ODBC: A Primer, set up two tables in an Oracle Schema:
- Install Oracle Client on the server where runs QVS, then set up a Service Naming that connects to Oracle Server.
- Go to QMC > System > Directory Service Connectors > Configurable ODBC
- Click the green "+" button, then click on "Get Default" button. Path should be filled automatically with "ODBC//localhost". Leave User Name and Password blank.
- Click "Apply" and it appears a "Pencil" button. Click it.
- Set the values as following:
- Service timeout in seconds: As default
- Directory label: As default or set a desirable label
- Entity name: ENTITYID (This is the primary key of table ENTITY)
- Entity table db name: ENTITY
- Groups table db name: GROUPS
- Data source name: leave it blank
- Conn db name: leave it blank
- Database backend: Oracle
- Override connection string: Data Source=[Service Name in Oracle Net Manager];User Id=[Oracle Username];Password=[Oracle Password]
- Cache expiry in minutes: As default
- After clicking "Confirm" and "Apply", there should not be any red "*", which indicates error.