Storing an image as binary data in an SQL Server and then loading it into QlikView can be done as described in the following steps.
- Create a table to contain the image as a varbinary or image
CREATE TABLE ImageAsVarBinary
ID int IDENTITY(1,1),
- Load an image file to the table
INSERT INTO ImageAsVarBinary (ImageName, varBinaryData)
SELECT 'image1', BulkColumn FROM OPENROWSET (Bulk 'C:\Test.jpg', SINGLE_BLOB) AS varBinaryData;
- Load the image to QVW by using an info load
INFO SQL SELECT
- Show the image in an object by setting the field value to
- Set the field/object Representation to Image
- The syntax and SQL example above are based on Microsoft SQL Server 2008, but the principle should be the same on most SQL based database servers.
- For an example of fetching BLOB image from Oracle to QlikView, please refer to the community post at https://community.qlik.com/thread/141239
- See the attached qvw document for a demonstration