Re-initializing the QlikView Publisher Repository (QVPR) database (recreate default) may be feasible (or needed) depending on the reported problem's symptoms which may include:
- Tasks are starting even when not scheduled.
- Certain Qlik Management Console (QMC) Tabs disappear (missing) once User Documents tab is selected.Environment:
QVPR database may sometimes get corrupted.
If there are not many tasks, the best thing to do is to reinitialize the QVPR database (Database containing the list of tasks and schedule) settings.
Otherwise, a backup of the QVPR may be attempted. How To: Restore QVPR From Backup
Here is how to allow QVPR to be recreated:
- Stop QlikView Server, QlikView Distribution Service and QlikView Management Service services.
- Go to C:\Program Data\QlikTech (Windows 7 / 2008 and later) or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech (Windows 2003)
- Rename the ManagementService and DistributionService folders in order to keep these old settings as a backup.
- Restart the 3 services stopped in step 1.