The following symptoms can be experienced when trying to load data using SAP Extractor connector using a message server:
- Communication via Application Server works fine.
- Communication via Message Server does not work.
- Test connection using Message Server host succeeds.
- The following errors are shown in the connection log:
Error RFC_GET_SYSTEM_INFO failed after 00:00:00 Key = AUTHORITY_NOT_AVAILABLE (ID:SR Type:E Number:074 Administration SM59)
Error Unable to register at GWSERV=XXXXXXX;GWHOST=;PROGRAM_ID=YYYYYYY Key = RFC_INVALID_PARAMETER (Parameter ASHOST, GWHOST or MSHOST is missing.)
- SAP BASIS: 700
- Log=1 in the connection string
- Transport Installed: 640-700
- sapmsXX 36XX/tcp included in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services
While troubleshooting SAP messages, error codes might be misleading. For instance if sapnwrfc.ini or a destination entry cannot be located the message "Parameter ASHOST, GWHOST or MSHOST is missing." is printed. See link
In this case AUTHORITY_NOT_AVAILABLE (ID:SR Type:E Number:074 Administration SM59), indicates a lack of permissions.
Message server requirements:
- When establishing communication using message server, additional grants are needed even only a read only operation is executed.
Communication via Message Server requires additional permissions granted in the SAP system.
To fix this issue SAP administrator must allow grant on object S_RFC_ADM in activity 36 and * for RFCDEST.