QV Desktop - File > Export > Export Document Layout and -PRJ Save not Working
Article Number: 000003670 | Last Modified: 2014/04/10
The functionality to export document layout is not working on my application. I also cannot save any XML files to the PRJ folder. When I have a PRJ folder in the same directory as my QVW, each save results in a MFCxxx.tmp file.
A bad object is preventing the layout export (and also PRJ save).
There is likely a bad sheet object preventing this functionality. In order to troubleshoot which object that is causing the problem, try the following:
1. Copy the application so you have a backup.
2. Remove 1 sheet at a time. After each removal, continue to test the export layout functionality. Eventually it should work after the bad sheet/object is removed.
3. After identifying the sheet causing the problem, restore your backup so the sheet is returned.
4. On the sheet, remove objects one at a time, testing the export layout functionality after each iteration.
5. Once the bad object has been identified and removed, you should be able to have the ability to export document layout.