1.Firstly install “QlikViewServer_Win2012andUp” on Windows Server 2012 or Windows 8. Please note to select “Use digital Certificate” option.
2.After the installation completes, login QMC, then go to Status->Task. The status of DSC@...; QVS@...; QVWS@...services are 'stopped' or 'disconnected'.
Problem: All these services should be at 'Running' status after the successful installation.
The security model about certificates is changed in Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8.
The “bug” is that Windows 2012 and Windows 8 don't give access to the private key of a certificate unless it was “manually imported”.
This has been fixed in QlikView 11.20 SR5. Please upgrade to the latest QlikView release or any higher than 11.20 SR4.
There is a workaround as well to get Certificate run Windows Server 2012 and/or Windows 8:
! Note: Running QlikView services user must logged in for these steps!
To solve this please do following steps (in the example the machine name is Win2012-01):
3) Open MMC > Add or Remove Snap-Ins > Certificates > Computer account > Local Computer: (the computer this console is running on) > Finish > Ok
4) Go to Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > select machine certificate (not QVProxy) > right click > All Tasks > Export
5) Certificate Export Wizard
> select “Yes, export the private key”
> Export File Format: “Personal Information Exchange – PKCS # 12 (.PFX) > select “Export all extended properties”
> add Password
> chose “File name”
6) Now delete machine name Certificate (which has been exported before)
7) Import certificate
8) Certificate Import Wizard > Local Machine
> File to Import > Browse
> chose “Personal Information Exchange (*.pfx, *.p12) > select pre-exported Certificate
> add Password; Import options: enable “Include all extended properties”
> Certification Store: chose “Place all certifications in the following store” = Certification store: Personal
9) Restart complete machine
10) After restart services running in QMC > Status > Task