Accessing QlikView Script editor causes Qlikview Desktop to hang. The issue can be caused by old .dll files.
Old DLL files still loaded when accessing the Script editor.
(This might not run on Windows 10 in some environments)
Download program Listdlls.exe from SysinternalsSuite:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb842062.aspx
1. Download the SysinternalsSuite
2. Unzip the file and verify the Listdlls.exe is included
3. Move the new folder to the installation path, default path is (C:\Program Files\QlikView)
3. Create a temporary folder located on the root of the installation location (C:\Temp)
3. Start QlikView Desktop
4. Open the script editor
5. Run the Command Prompt as Admin
6. Type following (adjust if different from default location)cd C:\Program Files\QlikView\SysinternalsSuite>
Now run the following command:Listdlls.exe > c:\Temp\listDLL.log
7. Open the list created in the specified location to see which DLL files have been loaded for Qv.exe
Rename the suspected DLLs and restart the Qlikview Desktop.