QlikView QVD files contain lineage information of the stored data.
The lineage information can be found in the QVD file XML header and might look like below, with connection details and the SQL statements used during reload.
The lineage information can be suppressed since QlikView 10 SR4 and 11 IR by using a Easter Egg setting as described below.
Enable Easter Egg feature in QlikView Desktop client
- Open Qlikview Desktop client
- Go to Help > About Qlikview...
- Right click the QlikView logo in the bottom right corner
- Highlight the AllowDataLineage value
- Set the value to -1 to disable the Lineage information
- Click Set to store the value change
- Close the settings and about dialog boxes
- Reload the QVD generator application
Enable Easter Egg on QlikView Server
- Open the QlikView Server’s batch settings.ini file in a text editor. Default file path; C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch\Settings.ini
- Add AllowDataLineage=-1 in the [Settings 7] section of the settings file.
- Save the settings file and close text editor
- Restart QlikView Server, to trigger loading of the altered settings
- Reload the QVW file from QlikView management console to see that the setting has been changed
- To enable the lineage information follow the steps above, but set the Value to 0 instead of -1 in step 5.
Easter Egg is a not a permanent and supported feature and can be removed from the product at upgrade without further notice.