Opening a QlikView document fails with error:
Server communication lost, closing document
Issue can occur with the QlikView Desktop Client using Open in Server...
or the Internet Explorer Plugin from the AccessPoint.
Example of the error:
This issue can be caused by:
- Network connectivity issues. Verify that the connection to the QlikView server is available (network disconnect, high latency). The timeout may need to be increased, see Timeout Values Related To QlikView Deployment
- Port and session errors. The QlikView IE Plugin and Desktop client require port 4747 to be available between the end user client and the server. Ensure the port is available.
- Server crash or server stability issues. High memory consumption or CPU exhaustion can lead to dropped or aborted sessions. See Troubleshooting QlikView Server resource problems and crashes for assistance on troubleshooting server side issues.
- Misaligned client and server version. Verify that the QlikView Desktop Client and Internet Explorer Plugin are on the same version as the QlikView server being connected to.
- Broken client installation. Reinstall the QlikView Desktop Client or the Plugin