Reload Engine disconnected task unrunnable cluster is down
Article Number: 000003003 | Last Modified: 2019/05/21
If you have tasks that have suddenly failed and the Reload Engine or Distribution Service is shown as disconnected in the QMC or tasks unrunnable/cluster is down message (it's possible that the different QlikView services are not communicating with each other properly.
QlikView all versions
In some installations the different services can have trouble communicating with each other for various reasons or company policies might be the reason
If you have tasks that have suddenly failed and the Reload Engine or Distribution Service is shown as disconnected in the QEMC (QMC for QlikView 11) or tasks unrunnable/cluster is down message (QMC for Qlikview 12) it a good idea to check the following:
What to check first
1. Check that the account running the Distribution Service a member of both the local machines Administrators group AND the QlikView Administrators group? (This can be checked in the Services applet)
2. Check that the account running the Distribution Service the same account running the other services?
3. Try restarting the Distribution Service
4. If QlikView 11 and later, check in the QMC under System -> Setup -> Distribution Services -> Login Tab that there are no user credentials in section Server Login. If there is a User name and a Password set, remove the same and click Apply
If these steps have not solved the problem, try the following:
Changing the Service Name
One solution is to change the URL of the individual service from the name of the QlikView Server to "Localhost” (if the services are all located on the same machine) or the IP address of the computer.
In QlikView 10, this is done in the QEMC > System > Setup > Service > General tab. For example, from "QVS@SERVERNAME" to "QVS@localhost".
QlikView 11 and later
To do this in QlikView 11, change the URL of the individual service from the name of the QlikView Server to "Localhost” or the IP Address(in the QMC > System > Setup > Service > General tab > URL). For example, from "http://SERVERNAME:4730/DSC/Service" to "http://localhost:4730/DSC/Service". Then click apply.
This process can be done in much the same way for the following services:
Directory Service Connector
Distribution Service (if using Publisher)
To Change the name of the Reload Engine
If you are not using Publisher, you may do the following to change the name of the Reload Engine to "localhost" or the IP Address instead of the server name:
1. Stop the QlikView Management service.
2. Navigate to the DistributionService.xml file
- Found here in Windows 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR
- Found here in Windows 2008: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR
3. Edit the file. Search for the name of the server. You should find it in a line similar to this:
<DistributionService XSWebAdress="http://SERVERNAME:4720/qtxs.asmx" DSCID="70e6ec94-8301-416f-9368-0bd853856939" LogLevel="Debug" IsPublisher="true" MaxSimultaneousQvb="4" MaxSimultaneousReaderQVBs="20" IsCluster="false" SectionAccessUserName="PcLln9OVwCU=" SectionAccessPassword="PcLln9OVwCU=" CPUAffinity="11111111" CPUPriority="Low" ApplicationDataFolder="C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService" Username="PcLln9OVwCU=" Password="PcLln9OVwCU=" DisableTaskTriggersForDocAdmins="false" ID="ade608bf-3b55-4bb6-b041-2f881cb20f73" ModifiedByUser="QTSEL\xxx" ModifiedTime="2011-03-03T14:32:14.5698542+01:00" />
4. Replace the server name with: Localhost or the IP Address
5. Save the file
6. Start the management service again