Note :This article only applies to QlikView versions 10 and 11.
By default QlikView Distribution Service is storing reload log files in the below locations:
- Windows Server 2008 - C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log
- Windows Server 2003 - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log
If you have a Publisher license, the process is simple and can be done through the Enterprise Management Console/ Management Console. No additional changes are required in the QvDistributionService.exe.config file.
If no Publisher license is available, the process is more complex and requires a change in the QVDistributionService.exe.config file.To change the log file location, you will need to change the location of the whole Distribution Service folder.
Important: Changing the QVDistributionService.exe.config manually is not supported, please keep that in mind if you are required to do so.
Note: Make sure the account running Distribution Service has read/write permissions to the new folder and any sub folders before trying to restart the service
- Stop the Distribution Service
- Edit the DistributionService.exe.config file located in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service
- Add the new file path to the line:
<add key="ApplicationDataFolder" value="NEW FILE PATH HERE"/>
<!-- ************ Program Settings ************ -->
<!-- Defaults to %PROGRAMDATA%\QlikTech\QlikView Distribution Service -->
<add key="ApplicationDataFolder" value="D:\Test"/>
- Save the changes
- Restart the Distribution Service