Since QlikView Server 11 it is possible to track changes on tasks and settings made by users in the system.
The audit log stores information about the user, changes being made and the time stamp when the change occured.
Auditing is by default disabled, which is indicated by an unchecked checkbox in QlikView Management Console:
System - Setup - Management Service - Auditing
Note: This checkbox cannot be altered in the QlikView Management Console directly. This is intentional to make sure auditing is not turned on/off by any unauthorized user.
To enable auditing do the following:
- Go to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service
- Open QVmanagementService.exe.config in any text editor
- Locate the key "EnableAuditing" and set the value to "true"
<!-- Enable logging of changes to QVPR. Requires restart of QMS after change. -->
<add key="EnableAuditLogging" value="true"/>
- Optionally change the audit log folder as well. Default location is %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService\AuditLog
Note: The above folder will not be created until the first time any changes are logged
- Save QVmanagementService.exe.config and restart QlikView Management Service
- Open QlikView Management Console and go to the auditing tab on Management Service
- Verify the checkbox is now checked