By default, document links from the AccessPoint will refer to the internal host name or localhost of the QlikView Server machine.
External access requires the host name to be accessible and this may not be possible for clients operating outside of the local network.
When using the Plugin client, this behavior can lead to issues with name resolution, and a "could not be opened" errors when attempting to access a .qvw from the AccessPoint.
- QlikView Server all versions
- QlikView IE Plug-in all versions
Change the Link Machine Name for the QlikView Server.
- Open the Enterprise Management Console.
- Go to System > Setup
- Pick the QlikView Server resource in the menu.
- Edit the Link Machine Name to match the fully qualified or otherwise externally available host name of the QlikView Server.